Mexico Puebla North Mission

Mexico Puebla North Mission

Monday, March 4, 2013

Reassigned to the Salt Lake City Mission

Stephen's visa didn't come so he was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Mission for what we thought would be 6 weeks.  But it only lasted 2 before his visa came!
Here are some of his experiences:



That first day was so hard I will be honest.  The next day we went out and street contacted at Temple Square which I was sooooo nervous but after about 30 minutes the nerves settled and I had such a cool experience. There is a lot of work to do here and the people are so kind! The members in the Spanish ward are so nice to me and I am progressing in Spanish by leaps and down every day! I understand more and more every day.   The members feed me soo much I have left every house sooo full but the food is soo good! The people are so patient with my Spanish and have helped me a lot.
We went to talk to a family and I understood a good solid 50-60% of the conversation.  They had such a humble spirit about them.  I just love the spirit of the people here.
Every day is an adventure in itself and I learn so much.  Every day has its up and downs but the ups make the whole thing worth it.  First Sunday was great.  I had to get up and introduce myself and bore my testimony in Espanol J yep it was pretty great.  My mission experience so far has been very different than I thought it would be but not in a bad way.  I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment